Welcome to my first Male Feature! On this good Friday, I asked Dre Prince a few questions to help us get to know him better. Who is Dre Prince you ask? He is a humble yet talented Hip Hop artist from Austin, Texas. With smash hits such as “Feelings” and “All Around the World” I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to have him in my hot seat.
1. Name and where you are from?
Dre Prince aka Dresqiat, when I’m artistic aka Dretoven, when I’m behind the keys. All in All, my real name is Dre & I want people incorporate everything I do with the real me. I am from Austin, Texas.
2. What’s the one thing you would like to change about yourself?
Before I learned to love myself I always wanted to be taller. Not a giant but at least 6 foot. Tall people just got it better in life, but now I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m tall when I need to be.
3. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
As a child I didn’t know what I really wanted to do when I got older. My dad was in the streets & my mom dropped out to take care of me & worked. All I knew was sports and music. I loved to listen to music & I would perform songs and remember them quicker than most people. I’ve been making music for 11 years now & played sports for 18. Now I create music & barely watch sports.
4. What makes you feel accomplished?
I believe My accomplishments are small compared to what I really want to accomplish. It feels good to have been featured on national blogs, play at music festivals, travel to different cities and perform songs I’ve made in the car in my parking lot & even making it to MTV. It’s so much more I am going to do.
5. What is a relationship deal breaker for you?
When a woman unmotivated, tries to change who I am personally or isn’t loyal. I want a woman who can inspire me to grow & be a better man.
6. Who is that one person you can talk to about just anything?
My Girl, We talk about everything. If some wild ass reason she can’t talk at the moment then my closest homie, Sam.
7. What are you most thankful for?
Positivity & the drive to always want to keep going for more…. Tell my mama thanks for my smile too.
8. What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
Where Will I Be in 10 years & did it all workout like we planned.
9. What Do You Define As “Manliness”?
10. If You Could Live Forever, How Would You Spend Eternity?
If I had a choice to live for ever I’d hope it not be alone.
11. What Is “Home” To You?
Wherever all my friends are. We don’t own land.
12. In What Ways Are You the Same as Your Childhood Self?
I’m still Goofy, I still eat cereal & I still watch anime cartoons.
13. If You Could Abolish One Piece Of Modern Technology, What Would It Be And Why?
I would abolish mobile social media. I personally believe the time for the internet was 2003-2007 MySpace.
14. How do you want to be remembered?
like how we remember 2Pac.
15. How can people keep up with you? Social Media? Website? And What’s your next project?
Instagram: @DrePrince, Twitter: @DrePrinceBK, Facebook: DrePrinceBK, Website: DrePrince.com. My next project is coming early 2017, in meantime check out my latest release Golden Child on all digital streamers.
Now that was a good interview! And Oh, I too wish I was a little taller but my dream is accomplished when I throw on my 6 inch heels. lol . Welp that all for now stay tuned for next week Feature Friday!